Couchbase Capella is a fully managed database-as-a-service that makes it easy to deploy a clustered database.
Capella allows you to securely deploy, manage, and monitor database clusters through a single user interface.
Sign Up for Your Free Trial
1. Go to Couchbase Capella "Start My Free Trial" Sign Up
2. Provide your account details. Enter the following information to create your account:
- Full Name
- Email Address
- Organization Name
- Review, then click the checkbox to accept the Couchbase Capella Services Agreement.
- Click [Sign Up] to create your account.
- Verify your email.
An email will be sent to you asking you to confirm your email address. Once you click the confirmation link, your account will be confirmed and you’ll be able to sign into Couchbase Capella at cloud.couchbase.com
Deploying Your Cluster
After signing in, you’ll be brought to a Getting Started page.
- Select your preferred region for the trial.
- Leave the CIDR block to the default.
- Click [Deploy Now].
- You will now be taken to the Getting Started with Your Free Trial page.
Control Plane UI Overview
- Couchbase Capella will proceed with automatically deploying the cluster.
- A cluster will generally take under 2 minutes to deploy.
In the middle section, you will see three sections: Set Up, Access, and Work With Data.
- Set Up: Provides a link to the Clusters area, the Welcome Video, and this tutorial.
- Access: Provides links to establishing credentials for external database access and the area for setting up allowed IP addresses.
- Work With Data: Links to the sample data import tool.
On the right, you will see three sections: Cluster Status, What’s Next, and Want to Know More?.
- Cluster Status: Links to where you can see all of your database clusters.
- What’s Next: Links to many helpful resources and access to the Capella Forum.
- Want to Know More?: Here, you can contact the Couchbase Team.
On the left, you will see the main navigation items like Clusters, Projects, and Users.
Congratulations. You finished this part of the tutorial. Click "Next Step" to move to the next section.