The Couchbase Developer Expert (CDE) program is an invitation only-program that recognizes elite contributors to the Couchbase Open Source Project.
Unlike a Couchbase Champion, who may only participate with the community through a single channel, a CDE participates in a variety of activities:
- Actively running Couchbase-related code in production. This could be an application that uses Couchbase Mobile in one of the app stores, an application or service that uses Couchbase Server tooling for Couchbase that's freely available (e.g. Reactive Couchbase or the Titanium wrapper for Lite), or code committed in a Couchbase project (e.g. the Java SDK).
- Supporting the Couchbase Open Source Project and expanding the community through contributions to mailing lists, forums, blogs, Twitter, meet-ups and other channels as well as speaking at various industry or Couchbase hosted events.
- Demonstrating knowledge expertise in at least one particular area, e.g. working with the Python SDK, deep knowledge of Couchbase Mobile for Android or iOS, etc.
Couchbase recognizes Couchbase Developer Experts in several ways:
- A profile on the Couchbase Developer Expert page.
- An invitation to Couchbase Connect, Couchbase’s annual summit in the San Francisco area.
- Invitation to participate in an annual one day community summit at Couchbase Connect.
- An early introduction to and the opportunity to influence and contribute to features in development.
- Announcing new members and their exceptional contributions to the community.
- Recognition at Couchbase Connect and Couchbase Live events.
If you think you have what it takes to be a Couchbase Developer Expert then email us, detailing your work in Couchbase and why you should be our expert!