Manage Server Groups
You can create logical groupings of servers on a cluster where each server group physically belongs to a rack or availability zone.
This section describes how to manage server groups through the Couchbase Web Console. Server and server groups can also be managed through the Couchbase command-line interface (CLI) and REST API.
Adding a Server Group
To add a new group using the Web Console:
- From the Couchbase Web Console > Servers > click Groups located on the top right side.
- Click Add Group to add a new group.
- Enter the group name in the Group Name field and click Create.
Once the information is entered successfully, a new group is added in the Server Groups page.
Editing a Server Group
To edit a server group name using the Web Console:
- From the Couchbase Web Console > Servers > Groups page, select the group that you want to edit.
- Click edit name to change the group name.
- In the Edit Group window, click Rename.
The selected group name is updated.
Deleting a Server Group
Server groups are deleted by removing all nodes from the server group and then deleting the server group.
To delete a server group using the Web Console:
- From the Couchbase Web Console > Servers > Groups page, select the group that you want to delete.
- Click delete group to delete the group.
- In the Confirm Delete Group window, click Delete Group.
The selected group is deleted.
Moving Servers Between Server Groups
Servers can be moved between server groups from the Server Groups page.
To move a server from one group to another using the Web Console:
- From the Couchbase Web Console > Servers > Groups page, select the server that you want to move to another group.
- Select move to pull-down menu to select the new group name. Once you select the new group, the pending move to <Group Name> message appears.
- Click Apply Changes to confirm the server move.
- Make sure to Rebalance from the Servers page. For more information on how to rebalance, see Rebalancing a Cluster.