Network ACLs and Security Groups
Couchbase Server provides Network Access Control Lists (ACLs) and security groups for the Amazon VPC.
- Network Access Control Lists (ACLs), which are an optional layer of security that acts as a firewall for controlling traffic in and out of a subnet.
- Security groups, which act as a virtual firewall for your instance to control inbound and outbound traffic.
- On the host level, you can set individual SSL keys using a bashing host. Make sure that the access to your Couchbase instance is logged and audited through Amazon’s logging capabilities.
- Obtain customer generated key pairs.
- Set up an outbound instance of a firewall in the VPC.
- To protect your access, sign your calls using a certificate or a customer key.