The Couchbase plug-in for Elasticsearch integrates Couchbase Server and Elasticsearch, a full-text search engine, by streaming data in real-time from Couchbase to Elasticsearch. The combined solution enables you to build richer and more powerful apps with full-text search, indexing and querying and real-time analytics for variety of use cases such as a content store or aggregation of data from different data sources.
Elasticsearch Plug-in 2.1.1 (September 2015)
This release note applies to the 2.1.1 version of the Elasticsearch transport-couchbase plug-in. It adds compatibility with newer Elasticsearch versions up to 1.7.x, multiple new features, and quite a few bug fixes, including several that solve issues found in 2.1.0. In particular, this release fixes a long-standing bug with an incorrect concurrent bulk request counter, which could eventually cause the plug-in to stop accepting requests from Couchbase Server altogether.
Some of the configuration option names have changed. For information about the option names, see Advanced Settings and Usage.
|Elasticsearch plug-in version||Couchbase versions||Elasticsearch versions|
|2.1.1||2.5.x - 4.x||1.3.0 - 1.7.x|
Elasticsearch Plug-in 2.0
- Elasticsearch 1.3.0.
- Couchbase Server 3.0
- Couchbase Server 2.5.x (backward compatible)
The following are known issues:
- The att_reason value for non-JSON documents changed from non-JSON mode to invalid_json. If a Couchbase cluster has a lot of deletes, the Elasticsearch log could fill up with a lot of messages. (CBES-31)
Elasticsearch Plug-in 1.3.0
This release note is for the Elasticsearch plug-in release 1.3.0 GA (April 2014). This release is compatible only with Elasticsearch 1.0.1.
This release is compatible with Couchbase Server 2.5.x, and it is backward compatible with earlier 2.x releases.
Elasticsearch Plug-in 1.2.0
This release note is for the Elasticsearch plug-in release 1.2.0 GA (October 2013). This release adds compatibility with Elasticsearch 0.90.5.
This release is compatible with Couchbase Server 2.2, and it is backward compatible with earlier 2.x releases.
Elasticsearch Plug-in 1.1.0
This release note is for the Elasticsearch plug-in release 1.1.0 GA (August 2013). This release adds compatibility with Elasticsearch 0.90.2.
Elasticsearch Plug-in 1.0.0
This release note is for the Elasticsearch plug-in release 1.0.0 GA (February 2013). This is the first general availability (GA) release. It contains the following enhancements and bug fixes:
- Now compatible with version 0.20.2 of Elasticsearch.
- Now supports document expiration using Elasticsearch TTL.
- Now supports XDCR conflict resolution to reduce bandwidth usage in some cases.
- Fixed Couchbase index template to allow searching on the document metadata.
- Fixed data corruption under high load. (CBES-11)
- Fixed recognition of non-JSON documents. (CBES-11)
- Improved log information when indexing stub documents.
Elasticsearch Plug-in 1.0.0 Beta
This is the beta release of the Couchbase plug-in for Elasticsearch 1.0.0 Beta (February 2013).