Couchbase setup overview
Quick overview of the setup process.
- Make sure your machine meets the system requirements.
- Install Couchbase Server.
To install Couchbase Server, download the appropriate package for your chosen platform and follow the corresponding platform-specific instructions.
- To perform a fresh installation (not an upgrade) over a previous Couchbase Server installation, remove Couchbase Server and any associated data from your machine before installing.
- To retain existing datasets from a previous Couchbase Server installation, perform an upgrade installation.
- Test the installation by connecting and storing some data using the native memcached protocol.
- Set up the new Couchbase Server system by completing the web-based setup instructions.
|Standalone cluster||Cluster A with 4 nodes all Linux OR all Windows||OK|
|Standalone cluster||Cluster A with 2 nodes Linux AND 2 nodes Windows||NOT OK|
|Separate discreet clusters||Cluster A = Linux, Cluster B = Windows||OK|
|Replicating clusters||Cluster A = Linux with XDCR to Cluster B = Linux||OK|
|Replicating clusters||Cluster A = Windows with XDCR to Cluster B = Linux||NOT OK|