Installing on Mac OSX
To install Couchbase Server on Mac OSX use the GUI and the command line.
- Delete any previous installations of Couchbase Server using the command line or by dragging the icon to the Trash can.
- Remove remaining files from previous installations:
> rm -rf ~/Library/Application\ Support/Couchbase > rm -rf ~/Library/Application\ Support/Membase
- Download the Mac OS X zip file.
- Double-click the downloaded zip installation file to extract the server. This creates a single folder, the Couchbase Server.app application.
- Drag and Drop Couchbase Server.app to your chosen installation folder, such as the system Applications folder.
After the installation completes, double-click on Couchbase Server.app to start Couchbase Server. The Couchbase Server icon appears in the menu bar on the right-hand side. If the server was not configured, the setup process can be completed from the Couchbase Web Console.
Couchbase Server runs as a background application. Click on the icon in the menu bar for list of operations that can be performed.
The command line interface (CLI) tools are included in the Couchbase Server application directory. Access the CLI from a terminal window and use the full path of the Couchbase Server installation. By default, this is /Applications/Couchbase Server.app/Contents/Resources/couchbase-core/bin/ .