Couchbase Server uses specific network ports for communication between server components and with the clients accessing the data stored in the Couchbase cluster.
The listed ports must be available on the host for Couchbase Server to run and operate correctly. Couchbase Server configures these ports automatically, but you must verify that the firewall and IP tables configuration allow communication on the specified ports for each usage type.
On Linux, the installer will notify you that you need to open these ports.
The following table lists the ports used for different types of communication with Couchbase Server:
- Node to node
- These ports are used by Couchbase Server for communication between all nodes within the cluster. These ports must be open to enable nodes to communicate with each other.
- Node to client
- These ports should be open between each node within the cluster and any client nodes accessing data within the cluster.
- Cluster administration
- These ports are used for Couchbase administration including the REST API, command-line clients, and web browsers.
- These ports are used for XDCR (Cross Data Center Replication) communication between all nodes in both the source and destination clusters.
|Port||Description||Node to node||Node to client||Cluster admin||XDCR v1||XDCR v2|
|8091||Web Administration Port||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|8092||Couchbase API Port||Yes||Yes||No||Yes||Yes|
|11207||Internal/External Bucket Port for SSL||No||Yes||No||No||No|
|11209||Internal Bucket Port||Yes||No||No||No||No|
|11210||Internal/External Bucket Port||Yes||Yes||No||No||Yes|
|11211||Client interface (proxy)||No||Yes||No||No||No|
|11214||Incoming SSL Proxy||No||No||No||No||Yes|
|11215||Internal Outgoing SSL Proxy||No||No||No||No||Yes|
|18091||Internal REST HTTPS for SSL||No||Yes||Yes||No||Yes|
|18092||Internal CAPI HTTPS for SSL||No||Yes||No||No||Yes|
|4369||Erlang Port Mapper ( epmd )||Yes||No||No||No||No|
|21100 to 21299 (inclusive)||Node data exchange||Yes||No||No||No||No|
- Port 8091
- Used by the Couchbase Web Console for REST/HTTP traffic.
- Port 8092
- Used to access views, run queries, XDCR,and update design documents.
- Port 11207
- Used by smart client libraries to access data nodes using SSL.
- Port 11210
- Used by smart client libraries or Moxi to directly connect to the data nodes.
- Port 11211
- Used by pre-existing Couchbase and memcached (non-smart) client libraries.
- Ports 11214 and 11215
- Used for SSL XDCR data encryption.
- Port 18091
- Used by the Couchbase Web Console for REST/HTTP traffic with SSL.
- Port 18092
- Used to access views, run queries, XDCR and update design documents with SSL.
- All other Ports
- Used for other Couchbase Server communications.