Release notesEdit on GitHub
Sync Gateway Admin REST API: Go Python
Couchbase Lite REST API: Java C# Swift Python
⚠️ The new protocol is incompatible with CouchDB-based databases. And since Couchbase Lite 2 only supports the new protocol, you will need to run a version of Sync Gateway that supports it.
This release introduces many new APIs including N1QL queries, full-text search and automated conflict resolution. See the Couchbase Lite guides for usage examples.
- The 1.x Manager class has been removed. Top level configuration is now performed on the Database class as static methods.
- The custom conflict resolution feature has been removed. When two conflicting changes occur, the conflict will be resolved using the default conflict resolver that ships with Couchbase Lite 2.0.
- The iOS Models API has been removed in Couchbase Lite 2.0.
- The View query API has been removed and is replaced with the N1QL-like query syntax in Couchbase Lite 2.0.
- The experimental Geo query API has been removed and is replaced with the N1QL-like query syntax in Couchbase Lite 2.0.
- The pluggable storage API has been removed.
- The Facebook Authenticator API has been removed.
- The Revision API is not longer available. The Couchbase Lite 2.0 conflict resolver API lets users pick which revision is the winner when a conflict occurs. There is a default conflict resolver if none are provided.
- The Push filter API has been removed.
- The 1.x Attachment API has been renamed to Blob but the functionality remains the same.
- The 1.x
Database.inTransactionmethod has been renamed to
Database.inBatchto emphasize that Couchbase Lite does not offer transactional guarantees, and that the purpose of the method is to optimize batch operations rather than to enable ACID transactions.
- Database Encryption is not available in Couchbase Lite 2.0 but may be re-introduced in a later version of Couchbase Lite 2.x.
- The OpenID Connect authenticator API has been removed but may be re-introduced in a later version of Couchbase Lite 2.x.
- The Listener component has been removed in Couchbase Lite 2.0. As a result, hybrid development frameworks such as Cordova and peer-to-peer replications are not supported in Couchbase Lite 2.0. Support for those features may be re-introduced in a later version of Couchbase Lite 2.x.
The table below summarizes the compatible versions of Couchbase Lite, Sync Gateway and Couchbase Server to use in production. Preview and beta versions should only be used for development and testing.
|Couchbase Lite||Couchbase Server|
|Sync Gateway||1.3||1.4||2.0||Sync Gateway||4.0||4.1||4.5||4.6||5.0||5.1|
|1.5 (xattrs enabled)||✔||✔||✖||1.5 (xattrs enabled)||✖||✖||✖||✖||✔||✔|
|2.0 (xattrs enabled)||✔||✔||✔||2.0 (xattrs enabled)||✖||✖||✖||✖||✔||✔|
For all of the above, the Couchbase Server bucket type must be Couchbase. Usage of Ephemeral and Memcached buckets with Couchbase Mobile is not supported.
The following features are available in the Couchbase Lite Enterprise Edition only:
- Database replicas