Building your first Couchbase Lite iOS app
This class teaches you about
This tutorial shows you how to use Couchbase Lite in your iOS apps. The tutorial assumes you already know how to develop iOS apps and have the latest version of Xcode later installed on your computer.
If you need to learn about iOS programming, a good place to start is by reading Apple’s free tutorial, Start Developing iOS Apps Today, which provides a hands-on introduction to iOS app development. To access the Apple tutorial, you need to register for a free Apple developer account .
The tutorial walks through creating a simple Hello World-style app called CouchbaseEvents. By following the tutorial, you'll learn how to create a new Couchbase Lite iOS app, create a database, and interact with the database by using basic CRUD (create, read, update, and delete) operations.
You can follow along with the tutorial and build the CouchbaseEvents app yourself, or you can download the CouchbaseEvents code from GitHub.
- Creating a new project
- Introduction to creating Couchbase Lite app
- Creating the manager and a database
- Create a manager and a database for CouchbaseEvents
- Performing CRUD operations
- Create, read, update, and delete documents
- Add Sync Gateway
- Understanding Sync Gateway and setting up a connection to Couchbase Server
- Working with Views
- Introducing Views through code
- Understanding LiveQuery