Building your first Couchbase Lite Android app
This class teaches you about
This tutorial shows you how to use Couchbase Lite in your Android apps and includes instructions for getting started with Android Studio development environments. This tutorial assumes you are familiar with developing software for Android devices. If you are new to Android development, take a look at the free training classes for developers available on the Android website before beginning to work with Couchbase Lite.
The tutorial walks through creating a simple Couchbase Lite app. By following the tutorial, you will learn how to create a new Couchbase Lite Android app, create a database, and interact with the database by using basic CRUD (create, read, update, and delete) operations.
To make it easier to learn the basics and get started with Couchbase Lite, the program structure is highly simplified. In the HelloWorld example app, there is no UI and all code is placed in the
You can follow along with the tutorial and build the CouchbaseEvent app yourself, or you can download the CouchbaseEvent code from GitHub.
- Create a new project with Android Studio
- Create a new Couchbase Lite project in Android Studio
- Creating the manager and a database
- Create a manager and a database for CouchbaseEvents
- Performing CRUD operations
- Create, retrieve, update, and delete documents in the HelloWorld database
- Add Sync Gateway
- Understanding Sync Gateway and setting up a connection to Couchbase Server
- Working with Views
- Introducing Views through code
- Understanding LiveQuery